Teaneck Community Charter School
563 Chestnut Ave., Teaneck, NJ
- Service provided : Project Manager
- Completion Date: August 2009
- Size: 36,000 square feet
- Students Served: 306, Grades K-8
- Developer: Friends of Teaneck Community Charter School
- Architect: Gertler & Wente Architects
- Contractor: LaRocca
- Total Development Costs: $11 Million
- Financing/Lender: Hamlin Capital and New Jersey Community Capital- Tax Exempt Bonds
After 11 years of renting space, Teaneck Community Charter School started the 2009 school year in its new permanent home, a 36,000 square foot renovated warehouse. The journey from concept to completion took three years. The new facility includes classrooms, office space, a media room, meeting rooms, a multi-purpose room and a playground.
Build with Purpose managed the development of the project and secured $11 million in tax-exempt bond financing. Owning the facility has provided the school with another advantage: savings. Their annual mortgage payments are about $200,000 less then what they had been paying in rent, allowing the school to put the savings into the education program.
Read more about the client
TCCS school website