The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle (“The Senior Residence”) is a 25 unit affordable supportive housing facility. Located on the campus of St. Peter the Apostle Church in River Edge, NJ the facility provides a safe, warm and caring home to seniors.
Services and amenities include:
- 24-hour access to staff, ensuring that assistance is available at any time, day or night.
- Scheduled transportation, making it easy for residents to visit such destinations as stores and malls, to arrive at medical appointments, and to attend community events, to visit friends and family, and much more.
- 24-hour security and 24-hour emergency response from carefully trained professionals.
- Housekeeping, laundry service and scheduled maintenance, so residents have more time to enjoy their lives without being concerned about such chores.
- Recreational activities and social services.
- Three home cooked meals served in the dining room each day. Snacks and beverages available 24 hours a day.
- Personal care assistance for residents who may need help with daily routines such as dressing, bathing and grooming, cleaning, and other tasks.
- Private rooms – some with private bath (limited availability)
- Semi-private baths
- Community dining room
- Living room
- Sun porch
- Outdoor space
Rents start at less than half the cost of traditional assisted living facilities, making The Senior Residence an affordable housing choice for many seniors. To learn more or to schedule a tour call 201-225-0707 or complete the form below.
The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle is a national model of unsubsidized affordable housing. The property has been developed and is managed by Build with Purpose, a national leader in non-profit real estate development. For more information about Build with Purpose please visit www.bwpurpose.org.
- Welcome letter
- Our Model v. Traditional Assisted Living
- Services and Amenities
- About St. Peter’s Residence and River Edge
- General Interest Form
- Unit Reservation Form
- About Build with Purpose
The Record: Seniors now enjoy their golden years where Catholic nuns once resided
NorthJersey.com: Former River Edge convent reinvented as senior housing
RiverDell Patch: Non-Profit to Bring Low Cost Senior Housing to St. Peter’s
NJ.com: Metuchen non-profit turning empty convents into low-cost senior housing
NorthJersey.com: Former convent in River Edge gets converted into senior housing
RiverDell Patch: Volunteers Help Prep Future Senior Residence in River Edge