Build with Purpose Fellowship Program:
BwP’s Fellowship Program has a joint objective of advancing the professional development of the Fellow while furthering the work and mission of Build with Purpose. Fellows will work in BwP’s main office in Metuchen, NJ and will work closely with staff specifically responsible for various initiatives. The work will be varied depending on the talents and interest of the Fellows and the needs of the organization. While Fellows will be part of BwP’s various teams (for example, real estate, finance, marketing, etc.) and report to various Team Leaders, fellows will be supervised primarily by the CEO and as directed by the CEO and the President of Build with Purpose.
The Fellowship Program is a one-year program starting the first week of June each year and is available to seniors of undergraduate programs or graduate and post graduate students. Depending on the time availability of the Fellow and the demands of the organization, fellowships will be full or part time. All fellowships are paid.
Fellows will gain hands-on knowledge and experience with the following:
- Community development finance
- Non-profit management
- All facets of real estate development
- Community-based needs
- Grant writing/Fund development
- Project management
As a small social enterprise, all staff are responsible for actively working on various projects; however, the focus of our work is real estate development and as such Fellows can expect to work on various parts of a project’s development including:
- Research and development of new organizational initiatives
- Grant writing
- Creation of project-based development and operating budgets
- Coordination of project meetings and activities as requested
- Attendance at project meetings including construction, financing and client meetings
- Assistance with the development and implementation of special initiatives.
- Project code reviews and requirements
- Assistance with preparation of financing and funding applications
- Assistance with grant applications
Expectations and Qualifications
While BwP strives to provide each Fellow with extensive supervision and direction, the nature of BwP’s work often requires independence. Successful Fellows will be able work independently, ask questions, seek direction appropriately and clearly state his/her professional needs.
Qualified candidates will have focused study areas in Urban Planning, Social Work, Business, Finance, Community Development, Architecture and related fields. Above all, Build with Purpose seeks hardworking, committed individuals who can work as part of a team.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be called for interviews. No calls please.