Build with Purpose seeks an experienced cook/house keeper for a full-time position at its senior housing building in River Edge, NJ. The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle Church (“the Senior Residence”) is a 25 unit congregate senior living facility for persons 60+. Licensed as a class C boarding house, the Senior Residence strives to provide the highest quality of care to all its residents, their families and the broader community. The Senior Residence is seeking a full time cook/house keeper and the required duties are as follows:
- Plan high quality healthy menus for daily meals on a weekly/monthly bases that meet state guidelines
- Order all food and supplies as needed
- Manage the facilities food/supplies budget
- Prepare two meals daily and oversee the preparation of morning and weekend meals
- Manage weekend and part time kitchen staff
- Service meals in resident dining room
- Mange the facility’s commercial kitchen and dining room include cleaning up after all meals
- Clean and maintain first floor common areas including bathroom, halls, sun room and library
- Prepare meals for persons with dietary issues as needed
- Other duties as required by Manager
The following qualifications are desired but not all required. Staff selection will based on an applicant’s abilities, experience and interpersonal qualities.
- Experience working in commercial/residential kitchen
- County Food Handler License
- Culinary experience/education
- Experience working with seniors and/or persons with special needs
- A positive, kind and gentle personality required
The cook/house keeper will report to the Resident Manager. Salaries and benefits will commence with experience. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Part-time Maintenance Person at The Senior Residence:
Build with Purpose is seeking part-time maintenance help at its senior housing building in River Edge, NJ. The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle Church (“the Senior Residence”) is a 25 unit congregate senior living facility for persons over the age of 60. Licensed as a Class C Boarding House, the Senior Residence strives to provide the highest quality of care to all its residents, their families and the broader community. The Senior Residence is seeking part-time support across a range of activities. Position is part time (10-15 hours per week). High school and college students encouraged to apply. The required duties are as follows:
- Changing light bulbs/fixtures
- Weeding the gardens, cleaning the deck and entrances, etc.
- Watering plants
- Light landscaping
- Changing door locks and hardware
- Cleaning/buffing floors
- Assisting residents with TV and computer hookups
- Cleaning carpets
- Preparing rooms for tenancy
- Organizing supplies;
- Additional support as directed by the Senior Residence Manager.
The following qualifications are desired but not required.
- A strong work ethic;
- Ability to work with seniors;
- Willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks (e.g. cleaning, painting, IT issues, etc.)
- Familiarity with light construction/maintenance;
- A positive, kind and gentle personality
This part-time position will report to the Residence Manager. This is a paid position with pay scale to be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should complete the attached form and either email it to email@example.com or mail/deliver it to The Senior Residence at St. Peter the Apostle Church, 415 5th Ave, River Edge, NJ. No calls please.
CLICK HERE FOR THE JOB APPLICATION
Build with Purpose Fellowship Program:
BwP’s Fellowship Program has a joint objective of advancing the professional development of the Fellow while furthering the work and mission of Build with Purpose. Fellows will work in BwP’s main office in Metuchen, NJ and will work closely with staff specifically responsible for various initiatives. The work will be varied depending on the talents and interest of the Fellows and the needs of the organization. While Fellows will be part of BwP’s various teams (for example, real estate, finance, marketing, etc.) and report to various Team Leaders, fellows will be supervised primarily by the CEO and as directed by the CEO and the President of Build with Purpose.
The Fellowship Program is a one-year program starting the first week of June each year and is available to seniors of undergraduate programs or graduate and post graduate students. Depending on the time availability of the Fellow and the demands of the organization, fellowships will be full or part time. All fellowships are paid.
Fellows will gain hands-on knowledge and experience with the following:
- Community development finance
- Non-profit management
- All facets of real estate development
- Community-based needs
- Grant writing/Fund development
- Project management
As a small social enterprise, all staff are responsible for actively working on various projects; however, the focus of our work is real estate development and as such Fellows can expect to work on various parts of a project’s development including:
- Research and development of new organizational initiatives
- Grant writing
- Creation of project-based development and operating budgets
- Coordination of project meetings and activities as requested
- Attendance at project meetings including construction, financing and client meetings
- Assistance with the development and implementation of special initiatives.
- Project code reviews and requirements
- Assistance with preparation of financing and funding applications
- Assistance with grant applications
Expectations and Qualifications
While BwP strives to provide each Fellow with extensive supervision and direction, the nature of BwP’s work often requires independence. Successful Fellows will be able work independently, ask questions, seek direction appropriately and clearly state his/her professional needs.
Qualified candidates will have focused study areas in Urban Planning, Social Work, Business, Finance, Community Development, Architecture and related fields. Above all, Build with Purpose seeks hardworking, committed individuals who can work as part of a team.
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be called for interviews. No calls please.